You are currently viewing Do You Need Medicare Parts A and B?

Do You Need Medicare Parts A and B?

Do you think you’re eligible for Medicare? If so, you have several coverage options. With Medicare Part A, you can get coverage for 80% of hospital visits as soon as you become eligible. With Medicare Part B (which covers 80% of physician care), you can enroll with monthly premium that’s paid directly to Medicare. With Medicare Parts A and B, we can help with multiple options that will help you to cover the other 20%.

What’s Covered Under Medicare Part A

Medicare Part A will cover any of the following:

  • Inpatient care in a hospital
  • Care at a skilled nursing facility
  • Nursing home care (which is any kind of inpatient care at a skilled nursing facility that’s not considered custodial or long-term care)
  • Hospice care
  • Home health care

Talk to your doctor or any health care provider to find out why you need certain services or medical supplies, and ask this person if Medicare will cover them. Also, feel free to reach out to JWB Insurance for more information about what is covered under Medicare Part A.

What’s Covered Under Medicare Part B

Medicare Part B covers two types of services:

  • Medically Necessary Services — Any services or supplies that are necessary for the diagnosis or treatment of a medical condition that meets accepted standards of medical practice.
  • Preventative Services — Any type of health care that can prevent illnesses (such as the flu) or can find it when it’s in an early stage, which is when treatments will be the most effective. You won’t have to pay anything for most of these services if you can get them from a health care provider who is able to perform them.

Medicare Part B will also cover other types of services, which can include:

  • Clinical research
  • Ambulance services
  • Durable medical equipment (DME)
  • Mental health services
  • Inpatient services
  • Outpatient services
  • Partial hospitalization
  • Limited outpatient prescription drugs

Be sure to speak to someone at JWB Insurance for more information.

What’s Not Covered by Medicare Parts A and B

Medicare won’t cover everything, which is the case with both Parts A and B. Some of the things that Medicare plans won’t cover include:

  • Long-term care (which is also called “custodial care”)
  • Most types of dental care
  • Any eye exams that are related to prescription glasses
  • Dentures
  • Cosmetic surgery
  • Acupuncture
  • Hearing aids (which includes any exams for fitting them)
  • Routine foot care

Some Medicare plans will help with some of the services that aren’t under traditional Medicare.

Experienced Medicare Agents at JWB Insurance!

If you’re looking for an insurance agency in Houston that can find a Medicare plan that will meet your specific needs, JWB Insurance has a team of experts that can help. Not only can we give you options on Medicare enrollment, but we can also give you a choice from a number of Medicare supplement plans. Feel free to get in touch with us, so you can make sure you get a Medicare or Medicare supplement plan that’s right for you!